Moving is an event that people experience at some point in their lives. Whether moving to an apartment, an office, or even to a country, moving is a relocation process that always involves problems and difficulties. In fact, for some people, the moving ends up being a nightmare.
It is not supposed that nightmares take place in daylight, but some common life events bring so much tension, uncertainty and anxiety, which can easily be classified as “quality nightmares.” Moving to a new house, tops the list of stressful experiences that may feel like a bad dream. In our article today, we present the 3 most common problems when moving.
Common problems when moving – Gogetit Highlights
* Moving to a new house or apartment, involves following a series of steps to ensure that everything goes in order and in the best way possible.
* There are many problems when making a move. However, the 3 most common problems are: moving company, traffic problems and poor organization.
* The more prepared you are for any difficulty arising in the move, it will be less stressful this process for you, so it is recommended that you take forecasts in many ways.
Upon moving, problems can occur at all stages of the relocation process. Problems such as the elevator is out of service when you arrive at your new high-rise building; the keys to your car in the morning of the move, among many others are lost. But even though the list of problems is endless, they have highlighted three issues that are considered the most terrible when moving house.
1. Moving Company
It has happened that workers from the moving company come late, or not at all. The agreed time comes and no sign of a moving truck is seen. When you call the moving company to demand an explanation, the bane of your relocation begins.
Regardless of the excuses that you receive (a traffic jam, a break, a delay in an earlier work, the wrong date, etc.), the inevitable result will be a lot of stress and wasted time. Worst of all, is that you can not be able to contact the company at all. It is here where there is the possibility that fraudulent moving companies, may have taken the deposit money and disappeared.
Some moving companies are often neglected or inexperienced. If your moving company arrives late, in a smaller truck than necessary, or lacks the expertise and the right to manage your items safely and efficiency required equipment, your move can quickly become a nightmarish experience.
In addition to this, there are moving companies that can be swindlers. In the worst case, you can be a victim of scams, as they often ask for much more money than previously negotiated on the basis of some alleged “additional services”. That is why we must do careful research of moving companies before hiring them, to make sure you’re dealing with licensed and experienced professionals you can trust. It is also a good idea to buy adequate insurance for your belongings, just in case.
2. Traffic Trouble
Vehicular traffic accidents or traffic jams can also convert your move into a real nightmare. If a traffic accident has occurred, the moving truck will have to wait for the road to follow to reach their final destination is released. In countries where there is extreme weather, traffic can be affected by heavy rain or heavy snow.
Similarly, a traffic problem can include any damage or mechanical failure of the truck. This would mean waiting until another truck arrives to help the which contains all the moving and, of course, would have changed the whole other moving vehicle.
There are times when parking problems for the truck, they often become tranca stones for the process, because it can happen that the truck has to give several turns until a suitable place to park; or may have to park far from the entrance to his house. In such cases, not only you lose valuable time, but also will have to pay an additional fee for the delay.
3. Poor organization
The only way to avoid problems when moving house, is to plan each stage of your adventure relocation in meticulous detail, and stay one step ahead all the time. Otherwise, you may find yourself facing any of the following tests:
* Packing Chaos: You can spend what you packed, they have been much more of what was discussed with the moving company; packaged items that can not be loaded into the truck; They have not checked the boxes correctly; or you have not prepared a “box of essentials.” Worst of all is that you may not be ready when they get the company moving. All these packing errors, will result in loss of time and money.
* Problems with the size of the furniture: If your large furniture will not fit through the doors, you will see forced out of some precious pieces, or to request services that will cost very expensive and considerably delay your move.
* Problems with paperwork: If you forget to pay for services in your new home, probably will not have electricity, gas and water on moving day. If you forget to change your address, you will not have your mail delivered to your new home.
Many people have had the opportunity to start a new life in the country. Once you know where they will live, they begin the process of moving that sometimes successful, but sometimes is problematic and stressful. If your particular case is moving to a building, find out what are the most wanted things when moving to a building.
We are confident that once you read this information, you can take the necessary precautions to have a satisfactory moving process.